Grief and bereavement is a very real and often overlooked subject in our lives. It may be hard for you to feel optimistic about the future right now. If you have lost a spouse, child, family member or friend, you have probably found there are not many people who understand the deep hurt you feel. This can be a confusing time when you feel isolated and have many questions about things you have never faced before.
Chaplain Brandi Dorres teaches a 13-week grief recovery program to help address these deep hurts. She provides spiritual care and bereavement support for those in need. Brandi received for B.A. in Psychology from Vanguard University, her M.A. from Liberty University and her ordination from CFMI. She has been in hospice for over 16 years and is currently the Spiritual/Volunteer/Bereavement Coordinator for the VNA.
Grief Share meets the last Tuesday of each month from January 31, 2017 – June 27, 2017 at 7:00 pm in the Women’s Ministry Room
Information about the program
- GriefShare is a 13 week program that uses a curriculum.
- An individual may join at any point during the program.
- There is a one-time cost of $15, scholarships are available if needed.
- Program is completely confidential.
- Please contact Brandi Dorres at Brandi@hisplace.com or (714) 323-4096 with any questions.
Signing up for the program
If you are interested in participating in an upcoming program, please sign up below.
For additional resources on Grief and Bereavement Recovery, we’ve provided some links below:
- www.griefshare.org – other support groups in the area, daily newsletters, info on GriefShare, additional resources
- www.rmcrisisministries.org – resources for bereavement and addictions recovery in CA